Friday, June 10, 2005

King Kamehameha Day in Hawaii

Image hosted by Photobucket.comThis morning my wife and I drove to Ko Olina and sat on the beach. I snorkled around in the beautiful, clear water checking out the butterfly fish, Moorish Idols, blennies, sea slugs, needle gars, spotted Trunkfish, wrasses, a school of hundreds of Hawaiian Flagtails and, of course, the ubiquitous triggerfish known as Humuhumu-nukunuku-a-pua'a.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comWe then sat some more, read and talked and returned home by 11:30. Since King Kamehameha Day is a state holiday I was free to take a nap this afternoon. Tonight daughter #3 returns home from college in Seattle. Tomorrow we will go as a complete family of 5 to Kailua Beach for a relaxing afternoon ending in a BBQ dinner.

If you want to learn anything about King Kamehameha or King Kamehameha Day you will have to click on the links. I'm not going to tell you anything about them since the only reason I wrote this post today was to make everyone not living in Hawaii a little bit jealous! Aloha!