Friday, September 23, 2005

Rita Sings a Familiar Song

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No Knees or Banjo for Rita

Poor Louisiana. Two massive hurricanes in less than a month.

Rita, like her older sister, Katrina, is, like most kid sisters, just sorta tagging along, wandering just a bit but keeping close enough behind so as to be in the same general area.

Unfortunately tonight, that "same general area" happens to be Louisiana.

Tonight, through the wind, I could faintly hear these words:

.....I'm goin' to Louisiana, my true love for to see....
.....it rained so hard the day I left.....
.....Oh, Susanna, oh don't you cry for me....
Rita, I doubt very much that we will cry "for" you. I am much more confident that we will be crying "because" of you for a very long time.

For once in my life I am tempted to say, "Why don't you just go somewhere and dry up!"