Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Satan's Favorite Sin

Jolly Blogger has posted some interesting thoughts on the question, "What is Satan's favorite sin?" Personally I can't say that I know this for sure.

My guess, however, is that Satan's favorite sin is not among the ones suggested in Jolly Blogger's post. I should think that Satan's favorite sin is the one he actually practices....the one that has allowed him to rebel against God....the one that led to his fall I would characterize this sin as "self-righteousness" which is very similar to "pride."

I think the Bible actually backs me up on this where it states simply and plainly (Proverbs 16:18),
"Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall."
I get the feeling that Satan knows that all the other sins are sins. On the other hand, I believe that for Satan, as for ourselves, the favorite sin is the one we do not believe to be one.