A Quiz to Evaluate Your Response To the Arrest of Airline Bombing Terrorist Suspects In Britain Today
Here is a short quiz to test out your own reaction to the news:
1. Are you surprised that Islamist terrorists were plotting to kill thousands of innocent people? A. Yes B. No
2. Are you surprised that they were planning to direct their attacks on passenger airlines? (as if that was a new and unprecedented idea?) A. Yes B. No
3. Are you surprised that the plot involved British born citizens? A. Yes B. No
4. Is it a surprise that the plot apparently has connections to a country like Pakistan (where Osama bin Laden and Zawahiri are supposedly hiding out)? A. Yes B. No
5. Are you surprised that the plot was able to be uncovered and foiled by British and international intelligence agencies? A. Yes B. No
6. Are you surprised that new layers of travel restrictions and guidelines were immediately implemented? A. Yes B. No
7. Are you surprised that the mainstream media are tip-toeing around using the words “Muslim” and “Islam” in regards tothis story (especially in Britain where ¼ of British Muslims say that they believe that last years London subway bombings were “justified”)? A. Yes B. No
8. Will you be surprised if it is discovered that there are Muslim terrorists already in the United States who were part of this plot and prepared to act in a coordinated way with the arrested terrorists in Britain? A. Yes B. No
9. Will you be surprised if it is discovered that there are Muslim terrorists already in the United States who were not part of this plot but who are preparing to act on their own plans to create terrorist attack in this country? A. Yes B. No
10. Will you go to bed tonight feeling safer, just the same or less safe than you did last night before you heard about the terrorist arrests in Britain? A. Safer B. Just the same C. Less Safe
Let’s see how you scored.
If you checked off “B” for questions 1-10 then you are a politically-savvy realist who has a firm grasp of what is going on in the world in general and in the war on terror in particular.
If you checked off “A” for questions 1-9 and either “A” or “C” for question 10 then you should plan on picking up a newspaper, turn on the TV and check out some reputable information sites on the internet more than once or twice every year.
Today produced no surprises.
Today produced only what we ought to expect.
We should expect more news like this.
For many years to come.
Because we are at war.