Friday, July 14, 2006

More Comments From Lebanese Citizens

Someone writing from peaceinlebanon recently left an angry comment on my sight. I can understand their anger over what is taking place in their country. I wrote a short comment in reply but would like to take a moment to commend them for linking to a site of email commnets from people representing all sides of the conflict in Lebanon.

I urge my readers to link up with those postings here and read the many comments (note, some are in Arabic). And don't forget to pray for the innocent people in Lebanon and Israel who are suffering in the midst of this conflict.

Indeed, Peaceinlebanon has an open letter calling for an immediate cessation of the hostilities. I respect the intent of this letter but believe that sometimes a thing has to finish its full course if it is ever to come to an end at all.

My own prayer is as follows:
God of Abraham, I ask that you will intercede on behalf of peace and life in the current conflict between Israel, Hezbollah and the innocent people of Israel and Lebanon who are suffering. I particularly ask that you would protect Israel from those who desire to destroy it. By your grace may all who dwell in your holy land fashion their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks so that they might live together in peace. I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen.