Saturday, December 03, 2005

Exit Strategy In Iraq Redux

Last April 15th I posted on whether the United States has an "exit strategy" or not. The news media couldn't get it right then and they can't seem to get it right now, either. Neither can the Democrats! My post seems to be relevent enough that I thought I would re-post it.

LGF points out that, once again, a news headline proclaims the exact opposite of the news it purports to present.

The headline: "U.S. Has No Exit Strategy for Iraq, Rumsfeld Says."

The news story text:

"The U.S. has no exit strategy or timetable for withdrawing its forces from Iraq and a pull-out depends on the readiness of the Iraqi Security Forces, U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said.

``We don't have an exit strategy, we have a victory strategy,'' Rumsfeld told soldiers during a surprise visit to Baghdad, according to a pooled broadcast report from the capital. ``The goal is to help the Iraqi Forces develop the skills and the capacity to provide their own security.''


I guess if you want to find an elephant standing in the middle of the local WalMart all you have to do is "say so" and it must be true!

When I was a child that was called "wishful thinking." "When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me." (I Corinthians 13:11)

It is clear that those who write the news have some serious "growing up" to do.