Saturday, July 30, 2005

London Bombing Suspect Says He Was Careful Not To Hurt Anyone

Osman Hussain, one of the suspected July 21 London bombers, is telling interrogators in Rome (where he is being held) that the bombing he participated in was not designed to hurt anyone, just grab attention.

"Muktar" (the leader of the group who is being held in London) "urged us to be careful" (Italian Newspaper) La Repubblica quoted Hussain as telling his interrogators. "We didn't want to kill, just sow terror."

According to Hussain, there wasn't even enough explosives to "harm people nearby."

Golly gee whiz! Compassionate terrorism!

Hussain is NOT reported to have said,

"I love the people of London. I would never, ever dream of doing anything that might hurt anyone. I mean, if the bomb was bigger, it might have injured or killed a small child, or a woman...or even a fellow Muslim! If something like that happened I don't know how I could live with myself. My conscience would eat me alive! Allah would judge me harshly for that, I'm sure. After all, in the Qu'ran, it is written that, "Whoever kills a person [unjustly]…it is as though he has killed all mankind. And whoever saves a life, it is as though he had saved all mankind." (Qur’an, 5:32)

I am not a terrorist. Neither are my friends. We simply got together during a white water rafting trip and decided that we wanted to exercize our right of free speech to protest the treatment of Muslim prisoners at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo Bay and the disrespect that has been shown to the Qu'ran by American infidels who deserve death...ah...I mean unbelievers....ah....who, well, you know, should have been wearing rubber gloves when they urinated into the air vent.....and....uh....you know, flushed the Qu'ran down the toilet or something like that. You understand what I'm saying, right?

Hey, in any case, no harm was done to anybody! Not even to us! See, I'm still breathing. I wasn't blown up into little pieces, splattered all over nearby buildings like Hasib when his bomb went off on the bus.....uh....did I say "Hasib?" Who's Hasib? I don't know anyone named Hasib! What are you trying to do, frame me? Is this a trick? Well, if it is, I don't think it's very funny!

Now, where was I......oh, yeah.....white water rafting.....white water.....uh....that reminds me, did I tell you that I once almost met Bill Clinton?..................