Saturday, June 18, 2005

Three Days of Paradise In Paradise

Well, I'm back from my mid-week weekend to Oahu's North Shore. I'll tell you this...beauty is never boring....no matter how much of it there is I never get tired of it. Consider these two photos. The first shows Thursday evening's sunset from the beach in front of our bungalow. The second shows Friday evening's sunset from the beach in front of our bungalow. Both are beautiful. Each is the same but different. Neither of them are boring!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Friday
What more can I say? Except that I did some more snorkling and found a rich variety of tropical fish including both varieties of humuhumu'nukunuku'apua'a swimming together in abundance along with tangs, unicorn fish, trunkfish, and a number of other varieties I have not yet been able to identify.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Two Humuhumunukunukuapua'as:
Lagoon Triggerfish (top) Reef Triggerfish (bottom)

Always fun is running into a green sea turtle and joining it as it "flies" through the water like a gentle giant, pausing from time to time to nibble on an appetizing piece of algae. (Note: No matter how tempting it may be, the urge to touch such a turtle must be resisted. Touching it can spread disease which can kill them. And I must say that I have seen many diseased and disfigured turtles over the years....I also wish these last three photos were mine...alas they aren't!)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I'll leave the images of salad topped with fresh mango and chopped macadamia nuts; chicken, pineapple chunks, onions and sweet peppers wrapped together in aluminum foil and BBQed on a grill; eaten under the swaying fronds of coconut palms framing the white sand and the blue, blue ocean......well, I'll leave these images to your imagination! Aloha!