Thursday, April 14, 2005

Presbyterian...And Proud!

*Presbyterian, that's me!

*That's the denomination of which my forebear's in Scotland were members since the days of John Knox and the Reformation.

*That's the denomination I was born and baptized into.

*That's the denomination I joined when I made my first public confession of faith.

*That's the denominational affiliation of the seminary I attended.

*That's the denomination which ordained me into Christian ministry of the Word and Sacrament.

*That's the denomination I have now served in parish ministry for 26 years (except for one year in Australia where I was also a member of the Uniting Church of Australia).

*That's the denomination I am presently serving here in Hawaii. AND best of all....

*That's the denomination I scored 100% on when I just took the Christian Traditions Selector Test.

*Yessiree. Presbyterian, that's me! (But I am still scratching my head wondering what it means to have also scored 98% as Eastern Orthodox! hmmmm....)

How about you? Check it out...You might be a Pentecostal and not even know it! (HT to Locusts & Wild Honey)