Saturday, April 14, 2007

Bunny R.I.P.--We Love You, Lizzie--Aloha

My Daugher #1, who lives in LA, has two bunnies in her apartment, Mr. Darcy (call him "Mr.") and Lizzie. They are a bonded pair. Lizzie has had bouts of illness since my daughter adopted them and the past few days she has not been herself. An appointment had been made to visit the vet this morning but last night around midnight, Lizzie died.

My daugher loves her bunnies (and most every animal she gets to know) with deep and passionate feeling. Lizzie's passing will be hard for her and we are encouraging her with our words and prayers of support from 2,000 miles away.

Mr. Darcy seems to be doing OK so far but time will tell how this will change the dynamics of my daughter's "household."

In any case, I thought I'd remember Lizzie with two photos, one I took myself almost two years ago and one, the "cuddly one", taken just a few days before Easter. Lizzie is the one with the flop-ears.

Bunnies can, I think, teach us humans something important about friendship and love.

Lizzie, We love you. Aloha!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket