Sunday, January 29, 2006

Quotes from Screen Actor's Guild Awards

"Oh, my God, y'all. Sometimes, I can't just shake the feeling that I'm just a little girl from Tennessee." Reese Witherspoon, Best Actress, "Walk the Line"

"It's important to say that actors can't act alone, it's impossible. What we have to do is support each other. Actors have to have each others' backs. It's the only way to act well is when you know the other actor has your back, and these actors had my back, and I hope they know I had theirs." Philip Seymour Hoffman, Best Actor, "Capote"

"I can't imagine a greater honor than being acknowledged by my peers. Being an actor is a hell of a thing. It's a hell of a thing. It's up and down. It's great, but I found the best thing about it is hanging around the craft-service table with other actors and crew people, eating doughnuts." Paul Giamatti, Best Supporting Actor, "Cinderella Man"

"I love actors. I married one. OK, I married a fantastic one." (referring to husband William H. Macy) "But even more than acting, I love the community of actors. I love the green room. I love the hair and makeup trailer. ... I'm so happy I can make a living at it, because I was never very good at math." Felicity Huffman, Best Actress Nominee, "Transamerica"

"A friend of mine always says if you don't have something nice to say about someone, say it. This is the saddest collection of climbing, grasping, paranoid, back-stabbing, screen-grabbing schmoozers and losers that you ever saw in your life. But we love each very much." Terry O'Quinn, co-star, Best TV Dramatic Ensemble, "Lost"

And that, my friends, is why they normally read from scripts.

Quotes courtesy of AP