Sunday, January 01, 2006

Mexico Reveals Double Standard Regarding Border Policy

The Mexican government and many Mexican people are shocked....shocked! at the thought of the United States extending a wall along the Mexican/US border.

It seems that Vicente Fox and the people of Mexico feel it is their right to cross into the United States illegally, "contribute to the American economy," attend our schools, use our medical facilities and believe it would be a sign of racism if we were to interfere with that right EVEN THOUGH IT IS ILLEGAL FOR AN AMERICAN CITIZEN TO DO THESE THINGS IN MEXICO.

A US citizen who enters Mexico illegally cannot work, attend school, receive medical care and will be immediately arrested (perhaps for a long time) and deported if discovered.

Now I am the one who is shocked.....shocked! Personally, I think that it is a good thing to have reciprocal laws on this matter. I am glad that Mexico enforces its laws. I only wish that we would enforce ours.

I have even made a helpful suggestion that I believe would be received as a friendly gesture by the Mexican government here.

Until the Mexican government changes its attitude on this subject, however, I will be forced to consider them to be hypocrites of the highest order.