Monday, November 14, 2005

Embattled Preacher Defends Sermon Against Accusations by the IRS

The Rev. George Regas, the former pastor whose pre-election sermon last November (2004) has inspired the IRS to challenge the non-profit status of All Saints Episcopal Church in Pasadena, California, (see story here) has written a brief essay defending his sermon and the inherent intersection of the Christian Gospel with social issues and politics.

Although I read his article in today's Honolulu Advertiser I could only find it on line here. Read it. And then see if you can find his name buried in the middle of this article which covered an anti-Iraq war rally in LA back in 2002. At least the man is consistant! As I stated in my earlier post, while I may not agree with his position, I will defend his freedom to declare his conscience from the pulpit of a Christian church on a Sunday morning!