Monday, July 18, 2005

I'm Back!

I'm back at last from my three week vacation. I had a good time. Before too long I will post some photos from this year's hiking and fishing in the Sierra Nevada with my brother.

The best news of all is that I can now climb up a very long set of stairs without huffing and puffing! A series of hikes to lakes with elevations of 9,000-10,000+ feet will generally have that effect...if one survives the hikes in the first place!

In any case, I can assure you all that the beauty of God's creation can still be seen in all its glory. Since no one has ever said it better, I'll let John Muir, speaking of the Sierra Nevada, have the last word here:
All the world lies warm in one heart, yet the Sierra seems to get more light than other mountains (OUR NP, pg.76).....The sunshine falls in glory through the colossal spires and crowns, each a symbol of health and strength, the noble shafts faithfully upright like the pillars of temples, upholding a roof of infinite leafy interlacing arches and fretted skylights (OUR NP, pg.99).