Thursday, January 27, 2005

I Didn't Know That!

Did you know that the mother of former Monkee Michael Nesmith was the inventor of Liquid Paper? Neither did I. At least not until daughter Number Three told me all about it a few minutes ago.

Click for larger image

And did you know that the same General Santa Anna who won at the Alamo, lost Texas to Sam Houston and was eventually exiled from Mexico is credited with being the co-inventor of modern chewing gum?

It seems my wonderful wife has subscribed to a nifty magazine called, "Mental Floss." This magazine is an assortment of oddball trivia focusing on a different subject each issue. It is totally useless for almost anything that is important to me or anybody else which is why, of course, I will have to read every word of it when my daughter is done with it.

Oh, and by the way, did you know that the guy who invented your car's Cruise Control was.......blind? (I'm not sure I really want to think about that one too much!)